We are always interested to hear from talented people who would like to join our team. Please email us and we will keep your CV on our database and contact you when an appropriate vacancy arises.
We do also offer intern positions throughout the year. If you are interested in our intern position please email us with a CV and covering letter.
We are looking for an experienced part-time Studio Assistant to join our friendly team in our gorgeous new North London showroom/studio! The role is for 2-3 days per week, including Saturdays.
The ideal candidate will be a super organised self-starter with at least 3 years work experience with references. The position covers supporting the Studio Manager and Founder in all aspects of the business with at times minimum supervision. This role would suit someone studying part time who has an interest in and knowledge of design and interiors. You will learn a huge amount about running a small business and will be comprehensively trained in our systems.
The job involves administrative activities and facilitating the smooth and efficient running of the office including but not limited to:
- Diary management and other duties as required
- Maintaining stock, stationary, kitchen, plants, filing within cupboards etc.
- Website updating via WordPress back end site
- Taking telephone calls and recording messages, responding to email inquires, managing shared inboxes
- Admin e.g.: printing, filing, archiving etc.
- Admin tasks for our bookkeepers
- Database work: updating contacts
- Ensuring pieces displayed in the studio are always clean and in their best presentable form
- Shipping, including preparing the rugs/ cushions for delivery, promotional materials to go with the pieces, filling in online paperwork for courier and commercial invoices
- Booking couriers
- Stock control – via Excel
- Greeting guests
- Keeping track of orders and customer relations
- Helping at events and functions
- Ability to take and learn instructions and follow through tasks as trained accurately and independently
- Excellent time management skills; able to multi-task, work to multiple deadlines and prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to confidently and sensitively liaise with members of the team, as well as clients, suppliers and couriers in person, over the phone, and via email
- Ability to think logically and sensibly about how tasks and the role affect other parts of the business
- Practical approach to daily issues and problem solving; able to adapt to change and respond positively to new challenges
- Strong sense of initiative and the ability to work both independently and collaborate within a team
- Reliable and punctual, with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Proactive and confident
- Good IT skills – particularly with Apple Mac – proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- A good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and WordPress is ideal, but not essential
- Positive attitude and strong aptitude for learning and best practice
- A diplomatic personality, with a good sense of discretion
This is a part time role, which could lead to a full time role. A competitive salary will be offered depending on experience, skills and references.
Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting your suitability for the role, as well as your long term aspirations, to Cristina at: email@example.com
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions.
Application Deadline: 8 April 2019