We are always interested to hear from talented people who would like to join our team. Please email us and we will keep your CV on our database and contact you when an appropriate vacancy arises.
We do also offer intern positions throughout the year. If you are interested in our intern position please email us with a CV and covering letter.
We are looking for a part-time Studio Assistant to join our friendly team in our gorgeous new North London showroom/studio!
The ideal candidate will be a super organised self-starter with a warm and friendly personality who is passionate about design and interested in textiles. The role covers supporting the studio manager and founder in all aspects of the business with at times minimum supervision. You will learn a huge amount about running a small business and you will be comprehensively trained in our systems, so you are able to carry out the job.
The job involves administrative activities and facilitating the smooth and efficient running of the office including but not limited to:
- Diary management and other duties as required
- Maintaining stock, stationary, kitchen, plants, filing within cupboards etc.
- Website updating via user-friendly back end site
- Taking telephone calls and recording messages, responding to email inquires, managing shared inboxes
- Admin e.g.: printing, filing, archiving etc.
- Database work: updating contacts
- Ensuring pieces displayed in the studio are always clean and in their best presentable form
- Shipping, including preparing the rugs/ cushions for delivery, promotional materials to go with the pieces, filling in online paperwork for courier and commercial invoices
- Booking couriers
- Stock control – via Excel
- Greeting guests
- Keeping track of orders and customer relations
- Ability to take and learn instructions and follow through as trained accurately and independently
- Excellent time management skills; able to multi-task, work to multiple deadlines and prioritise workload
- Clear verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to confidently and sensitively liaise with members of the team, as well as clients, suppliers and couriers in person, over the phone, and via email
- Ability to think logically and sensibly about how tasks and the role affect other parts of the business
- Practical approach to daily issues and problem solving; able to adapt to change and respond positively to new challenges
- Strong sense of initiative and the ability to work both independently and collaborate within a team
- Reliable and punctual, with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Proactive and confident
- Good IT skills – particularly with Apple Mac – proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, plus a good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and WordPress is ideal
- Positive attitude and strong aptitude for learning and best practice
- A diplomatic personality, with a good sense of discretion
This is a part time role, 2 days per week (days to be agreed.) The salary will be discussed according to the experience.
Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting your suitability for the role, as well as your long term aspirations, to Cristina at: [email protected]
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions.
Application Deadline: 28 June 2018