We are always interested to hear from talented people who would like to join our team. Please email us and we will keep your CV on our database and contact you when an appropriate vacancy arises.
We do also offer intern positions throughout the year. If you are interested in our intern position please email us with a CV and covering letter.
We are looking for a Studio Assistant to join our friendly team (including studio dog!) in our gorgeous new North London showroom/studio which is 5 minutes from Tufnel Park tube and Gospel Oak overground. The role is for 3-5 days per week ideally including Saturdays.
Studio Assistant at Award Winning Contemporary Rug Design Studio/ Showroom at 14 York Rise NW5 1ST
The ideal candidate will be a super organised self-starter with at solid work experience with references. The position covers supporting the Studio Manager and Founder in all aspects of the business with at times minimum supervision. This role could suit someone studying part time eg: Masters/ Postgraduate. You will learn a huge amount about running a small business and l be trained in our systems.
- The job involves administrative activities to facilitating smooth, efficient running of the office including:
- Diary management and other duties
- Maintaining stock, stationary, kitchen, plants, filing within cupboards etc.
- Website updating via WordPress back end site
- Taking telephone calls and recording messages, responding to email inquires, managing shared inboxes
- Admin including printing, filing, archiving etc.
- Admin tasks for our bookkeepers (no knowledge of bookkeeping software required, but it is a bonus)
- Database work: updating contacts
- Keeping studio/showroom in prisitine
- Shipping and packing our items sold online filling in online paperwork for courier and commercial invoices and booking couriers
- Stock control – via Excel
- Greeting guests
- Keeping track of orders and customer relations
- Social media – posting images and engaging with our followers- writing blog posts
- Helping at events and functions
- Ability to learn instructions and follow through tasks as trained accurately and independently
- Excellent time management skills; multi-tasking, work to multiple deadlines & prioritise work
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to confidently and sensitively liaise with members of the team and clients, suppliers and couriers in person, over the phone, and via email
- Ability to think logically and sensibly about how tasks and the role affect the business
- Practical approach to daily issues and problem solving; adaptable to change /new challenges
- Strong sense of initiative and the ability to work both independently and collaborate
- Reliable and punctual, with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Proactive and confident
- Good IT skills – particularly with Apple Mac – proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Familiar with working with social media.
- Enjoys writing in English
- Positive attitude and strong aptitude for learning and best practice
- A diplomatic personality, with a good sense of discretion
- This is an admin role, not suitable for someone who wants to be a designer.
- A competitative salary is offered depending on experience, skills and references.
Please send a CV & covering letter to: email@example.com
Start date January 2020